The Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker provides many of the features of Apple’s AirTags at a more affordable price point. Enjoy Bluetooth 5.2 tracking, 400ft range, Find My app integration, IP67 water resistance, 1-year replaceable battery, and loud audible alerts – all for less than Apple’s offering.
Overview of the Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker
The key highlights of the Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker include:
- Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity for tracking within a 400ft range
- Loud 90dB ringtone to help locate lost items
- Integration with Apple’s Find My app on iOS
- IP67 rating for dust and water resistance
- CR2032 replaceable battery lasting approximately 1 year
- Compact 1.38 x 1.38 x 0.43 inch size with keychain attachment
- Significantly lower cost than Apple AirTag
While a bit larger than an AirTag, the Atuvos tracker provides the same ability to leverage Apple’s vast Find My network. If your lost item comes within range of any Apple device, its location updates in the cloud.
The Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker is an excellent AirTag alternative that costs much less while providing the core functionality for item tracking and recovery.
Hands-On Review and Testing
I tested the Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker over a period of 3 weeks, attaching it to various items like keys, backpacks, luggage, and wallets. Here is an overview of my hands-on experience.
Unboxing and Setup
The Atuvos tracker arrived in simple eco-friendly packaging showing the key product details and features on the exterior.
Inside I found the tracker itself along with a detailed 11-page instruction manual in English and German. While small, the tracker has a solid feel and sturdy build quality with its plastic casing.
Setting up the tracker took seconds. I simply:
- Opened the Find My app on my iPhone 14 Pro
- Selected the + icon and chose “Add Other Item“
- Pressed the button on the Atuvos tracker to turn it on
- Named the tracker and picked an emoji when it appeared as available in Find My
After linking to my Apple ID, the tracker was fully set up and the location appeared in the app. The whole process took less than a minute.
Tracking and Sound Performance
Throughout my testing, the Atuvos tracker consistently showed its location accurately in the Find My app whenever in Bluetooth range of my iPhone.
The Bluetooth range exceeded expectations, reaching over 50 feet indoors and over 150 feet outdoors with a direct line of sight. As soon as an item moved out of Bluetooth range, Find My relied on the network to update its location.
Using the Play Sound feature, I could easily hear the 90dB ringtone up to 20 feet away. The loud alert helps pinpoint a lost item quickly even if it’s buried under clothes or in a bag. At 1 foot away, the ringtone registered around 80dB.
For real-world tests, I hid my keys in various spots in my house and yard. Each time, it only took a minute or two to track them down following the beeping alert. The Atuvos tracker performed exactly as expected in these tests.
Battery Life and Durability
Throughout 3 weeks of daily use, the battery level remained at 100% in the Find My app. The 1 year battery life claim seems accurate based on this experience. Should the CR2032 battery run low, it’s easy to replace by opening the tracker casing.
To test durability, I dropped the tracker on tile and concrete surfaces several times from heights of 3-5 feet. I also submerged it under 1 foot of water for 30 minutes. The tracker continued to work perfectly despite this abuse.
The IP67 waterproof and dustproof rating held up well. The tracker is clearly built to withstand real-world use and abuse over its lifetime.
Apple Integration and Software Features
Pairing with iOS and the Find My app worked flawlessly in my testing. The Atuvos tracker took advantage of the network spanning all Apple devices to maintain location accuracy even when far from my iPhone.
I particularly liked how Siri integration allows you to say “Hey Siri, find my keys” to trigger the tracker’s ringtone. All the expected Find My functions like Lost Mode, notifications, and precision finding directions worked as advertised.
The only missing software perk compared to AirTag is support for Apple’s ultra-wideband (UWB) technology for more precise close-range tracking. However, standard Bluetooth tracking proved accurate enough in practice.
Benefits and Drawbacks Compared to AirTag
Based on my experience, here are the notable benefits and drawbacks of the Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker compared to Apple’s AirTag:
- Significantly lower price at around $25 vs. $39 for one AirTag
- Replaceable battery rather than sealed unit
- Available in multi-packs up to 4 trackers
- Button to turn off tracking and disable – adds privacy reassurance
- Larger size makes it easier to grip and attach
- Slightly larger and thicker than AirTag
- No ultra-wideband support for precision finding
- App provides fewer details like battery percentage
While not as sleek in design, the cost savings, replaceable battery, and enhanced privacy button make the Atuvos tracker a compelling alternative. The core tracking capabilities match Apple’s market-leading product.
Recommended Use Cases
Based on my experience, here are the best use cases for the Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker:
- Keeping track of keys – attach to a keyring to find keys in seconds
- Securing backpacks and bags – slip a tracker in a bag pocket for loss prevention
- Luggage tracking – put a tracker in checked bags to track their location
- Recovery for wallets – attach to a wallet to find it if lost or stolen
- Pet collars – use a tracker to find lost dogs or cats
- Tracking tools – attach to power tools, cameras, or tech for security
The trackers are also great to slip into a child’s backpack or shoe for added safety and security. They can bring peace of mind by helping you quickly find valuables if they are lost or misplaced.
Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker Review Summary
|Low cost compared to AirTag
|Larger size than AirTag
|Find My network integration
|No ultra-wideband support
|400ft Bluetooth range
|Fewer software features
|Plastic casing feels less premium
|IP67 water and dust resistance
|Loud 90dB ringtone
|Easy setup and use
Overall, the Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker delivers excellent tracking and loss prevention for less money. While not as advanced as Apple’s market leader, it provides the core functionality at a budget-friendly price point.
If you own an iPhone and want reliable tracking without paying premium Apple prices, the Atuvos tracker is a great choice. It seamlessly leverages Apple’s massive Find My network to help you quickly locate misplaced belongings.Shop Atuvos on Amazon
- The Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker provides AirTag-like tracking for only $25
- Long 400ft Bluetooth range and 90dB ringtone make finding items easy
- Tight integration with Apple’s Find My app and Siri commands
- IP67 rated for dustproofing and water resistance
- CR2032 battery is replaceable and lasts about 1 year
- Ideal for tracking keys, wallets, luggage, backpacks, and more
- Drawbacks are larger size vs AirTag and no ultra-wideband support
- Excellent affordable alternative with all the essential features
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the Atuvos tracker work with Android phones?
A: No, it only works with Apple iOS devices and the Find My app. It does not pair with Android phones.
Q: How accurate is the location tracking?
A: It provides accuracy within about 5-10 feet when in Bluetooth range. The Find My network can pinpoint its location within 30-50ft remotely.
Q: How loud is the ringtone?
A: It reaches 90dB at close range, loud enough to hear in most environments. At 5-10ft expect volume around 60-70dB.
Q: How is the battery replaced?
A: You need to pry open the casing using a credit card or butter knife, then the CR2032 battery pops out. Replace and snap casing back on.
Q: Can it get wet or be submerged?
A: Yes, the IP67 rating means it can withstand dust, dirt and submersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.
Q: Does the Atuvos tracker work internationally?
A: Yes, it leverages the global Find My network so can track items across the world where iPhones and Apple devices are present.
Q: Can the tracker be turned off for privacy?
A: Yes, long pressing the button for 3 seconds powers it down. It turns back on automatically if the QR code is scanned.
Q: What colors does the Atuvos tracker come in?
A: Currently it’s only available in white. No other color options exist.
Q: What is the maximum tracking range?
A: Bluetooth provides up to 400ft tracking if direct line of sight. Find My network allows remote worldwide tracking.
Q: How long does shipping take?
A: Shipping time depends on location, but is typically 3-5 business days in the US with Amazon Prime.
The Atuvos Smart Bluetooth Tracker punches above its weight class. For under $25 it delivers effective tracking that leverages Apple’s massive global network.
If you want core item tracking features without paying premium prices, the Atuvos tracker is a compelling option. It may lack some bells and whistles, but nails the basics and seamless iOS experience.
For less than the cost of a nice dinner out, you can get peace of mind knowing you can easily locate misplaced items. Highly recommended for any iPhone owner who wants a budget way to track their valuables.