Keeping your furry friend safe and secure in your yard is a top priority for any pet owner. After extensive research, we believe the Wiez GPS Wireless Dog Fence is one of the best options in 2024 for wire-free containment.
In this comprehensive review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about the Wiez wireless fence, including features, pros and cons, and how it compares to competitors. You’ll also get answers to frequently asked questions, helpful tips for setup and use, plus our final recommendation on if Wiez is the right wireless dog fence for you.
Overview of the Wiez GPS Wireless Dog Fence
The Wiez GPS Wireless Dog Fence is designed to safely contain your dog within a set circular boundary without any buried wire. It uses GPS and RF technology to track your pup’s movement, triggering a warning beep followed by a safe static correction if they wander outside the established perimeter.
This wireless containment system consists of a lightweight, rechargeable GPS collar receiver and a small, portable boundary transmitter. The waterproof collar is adjustable for dogs 10 pounds and up.
You simply place the transmitter in a central location on your property and customize the circular boundary radius from 98 feet up to 1,968 feet. Unlike wired systems, the Wiez fence signal can transmit through walls and small obstructions for maximum flexibility.
Key Features and Benefits of the Wiez Wireless Fence
- Adjustable circular boundary – Customize the wireless containment area from 98 to 1,968 feet in diameter. Suitable for yards of all sizes.
- GPS and RF tracking – Combination of GPS and radio frequency technology provides precise tracking of your dog’s location. No buried wire required.
- Waterproof collar – Fully waterproof collar receiver (IPX7 rated) keeps working even in wet conditions.
- Rechargeable and portable – Both the collar and transmitter have rechargeable batteries for convenience. Lightweight and simple for travel.
- 2-in-1 modes – Features both boundary containment mode and training mode with beep, vibration, and static correction.
- Safety features – Temperament learning system avoids over-correction. Automatically goes into standby mode if inactive.
- Easy setup – Transmitter has instant yard mapping so boundary can be set immediately. No waiting required.
- Collar fit for dogs 10 lbs+ – Adjustable collar size fits most dogs 10 pounds and larger.
Pros of the Wiez Wireless Dog Fence
There are many advantages to choosing the Wiez GPS wireless dog fence system:
- Simple and quick installation – No time-consuming buried wire trenching required
- Portability – Easy to take on trips or camping due to compact, rechargeable components
- Adjustable range – Can accommodate yards of all sizes
- Safer training – Vibration and tones gently correct your dog without risk of over-correction
- Waterproof technology – Won’t short out if collar gets wet from rain or swimming
- Durable yet lightweight – Rugged design built for active dogs
- Cost-effective – More affordable than many competing wireless systems
Cons of the Wiez Wireless Dog Fence
While the Wiez fence has many strengths, there are a few potential downsides to consider:
- Shorter battery life – Collar may need frequent charging compared to premium brands
- Potential for false activations – May trigger correction with proximity to boundary
- Less precise boundaries -Not as exact perimeter as wired systems
- Not for tiny dogs under 10 lbs – Collar is too large for teacup and toy breeds
- Shorter lifespan – Some reviews mention issues with longevity beyond 2 years
- Weaker range – Max 1,968 feet radius may be insufficient for very large properties
While not perfect, the Wiez fence still competes well given the very reasonable price point. It’s a great budget-friendly option for many dog owners.
How the Wiez Wireless Fence Compares to Other Brands
The Wiez GPS dog fence is one of the more affordable wireless containment systems available today. But how does it stack up against the competition?
|Max Boundary Size
|1,968 ft. radius
|Up to 1/2 acre
While the PetSafe and SportDOG systems offer advantages like wider boundaries, longer warranties, and brand reputation, the Wiez still holds its own as a very solid mid-range option. The Wiez fence comes in at a fraction of the investment, making it the clear value pick.
Wiez Wireless Dog Fence Reviews from Real Owners
Overall, most customers are pleased with the performance and value of the Wiez GPS dog containment system. Here are excerpts from several verified purchaser reviews:
“This fence is perfect for keeping my lab in the yard! It was very easy to set up the circular boundary and the collar corrects him gently when needed. I’m so glad I went with the Wiez wireless fence to keep him safely contained without burying wire.”
“For a budget wireless system, Wiez has worked flawlessly for our two medium sized dogs. No more chasing them around the neighborhood! I love that we can take it camping and adjust the portable boundary as needed. Would highly recommend.”
Not all experiences were perfect though:
“The Wiez fence has been decent for the price, but I do wish the battery life on the collar was longer. Seems like I’m constantly having to recharge it.”
Overall, customer satisfaction remains high provided the limitations on battery runtime and boundary range are acceptable. It’s a great fit for small to medium yards.
How to Use the Wiez Wireless Dog Fence: Setup and Training Tips
Using the Wiez fence properly does require following some best practices during setup and training:
- Mapping the Boundary – Take your time to walk around the full desired perimeter as you hold the transmitter to map it accurately.
- Find a Central Position – Place the transmitter in a central, elevated location in your home to maximize range.
- Fit the Collar Correctly – The collar should fit snugly with the contact points against your dog’s skin.
- Begin Training Inside – Start by training your dog on vibration mode before ever using the static correction.
- Introduce the Boundary Slowly – Gradually walk your dog closer to the boundary over multiple sessions.
- Give Warnings and Praise – Use the warning beep to remind your pet of the boundary and praise them for retreating.
- Be Patient – It may take 2-4 weeks for your dog to reliably respect the wireless fence boundary.
Is the Wiez Wireless Dog Fence Right for You?
The Wiez GPS dog containment system offers an affordable and simplified way to safely keep your furry friend in the backyard. For those with small to medium-sized yards, it can be an excellent wireless fence option.
However, potential downsides like battery life and false activations may make it less than ideal for certain owners. Large properties over 1-2 acres would also likely exceed the maximum Wiez boundary capabilities.
Carefully consider your unique needs and yard setup. For many pet owners wanting an entry-level wireless fence, the Wiez GPS model ultimately delivers on value. Take the time to properly train your dog on the system and they’ll be safely contained in no time.
The Verdict: An Inexpensive Yet Capable Wireless Fence
In the end, the Wiez GPS Wireless Dog Fence earns high marks for offering solid quality and performance for a budget price point. While it can’t match the sophistication of premium brands, this fence still gets the job done surprisingly well.
If you’ve got a smaller yard and want simple, wire-free containment for your pooch, the Wiez fence deserves serious consideration. Follow the setup steps closely, invest in patient training, and this value-priced system can be a great fit for your needs.
Have you tried the Wiez wireless fence or a similar product? Let us know about your experience in the comments below!